The Presbytery, Water Street, Port Talbot, SA12 6LE, Wales
Tel. 01639 882846
Diocese of Menevia
Parish Priest: Monsignor J Cefai, MA, PhD
Commencing 8 June 2019
Saturday (Vigil Mass): 6.00pm (Monahan Family)
Sunday: 8.45am (Parish), 10.00am (P.I. Fr. C. Elwee), 6.30pm (Ferguson, McKinsky & Telfer Intentions)
Tuesday: 10.00am (Costin Family)
Wednesday: 9.30am (Pauline Morgan)
Thursday: 10.00am (Holy Souls)
Friday: 10.00am (Private Intention)
Commencing 15 June 2019
Saturday (Vigil Mass): 6.00pm (Sr Sarah Ryan)
Sunday: 8.45am (Verna Davies), 10.00am (Parishioners), 6.30pm (Agnes O'Callaghan)
Adoration: this week: Friday after Mass and Saturday 10.30am.
Confessions: Saturday at 11.00am and 5.30pm and on request (before or after Masses).
Let us pray for: the sick of the Parish and the Clergy of the Diocese; the Benefactors of the Parish and for the repose of the souls of : the Monahan &Costin Family; Verna Davies; Cora Ryan (Birthday). Recently Dead: Catherine O’Brien (Requiem Mass Friday 21st June.
The month of June
is dedicated to the Sacred Heart. Jesus’ Promises to Sr. Margaret Mary Alocoque for those who have devotion to the Sacred Heart:
- I will give them all of the graces necessary for their state of life.
- I will establish peace in their houses.
- I will comfort them in all their afflictions.
- I will be their strength during life and above all during death.
- I will bestow a large blessing upon all their undertakings.
- Sinners shall find in My Heart the source and the infinite ocean of mercy.
- Tepid souls shall grow fervent.
- Fervent souls shall quickly mount to high perfection.
- I will bless every place where a picture of my heart shall be set up and honoured.
- I will give to priests the gift of touching the most hardened hearts.
- Those who shall promote this devotion shall have their names written in My Heart, never to be blotted out.
I promise you in the excessive mercy of My Heart that My all-powerful love will grant to all those who shall receive communion on the First Friday in nine consecutive months the grace of final penitence; they shall not die in My disgrace nor without receiving their sacraments; My Divine Heart shall be their safe refuge in this last moment.
is a particular way of living out God’s call to everyone rooted in Baptism: the call to follow Christ, living a loving and holy life in the service of others. Marriage remains an exciting calling for the majority of young people - to make a difference in the world together through a vowed, life-long, faithful, and loving commitment as husband and wife, and to play their part in being fruitful, sustaining that precious human environment as the vital cell of society. Marriage is not only a beautiful vocation. It is also a necessary one, for out of marriage and family will come other vocations, to priestly, religious and single life, each a response to the Lord who says ‘Follow me’.